We Sell Coins
- Domestic and foreign collector coins. Our store is overloaded with “raw” coins of the entire spectrum of grades. Our inventory also includes a fine selection of rare coins graded by PCGS and NGC. We have full and partial sets of type coins. You name it, we have it.
- Precious metal bullion such as gold, silver, and platinum. We stock a large supply of bullion coins, rounds, and bars, and are priced based on a function of the current spot price.
- Foreign and domestic currency. Our inventory of US currency includes large and small size notes, Confederate, Obsolete, Colonial, and errors. Our inventory of foreign currency is from all over the world, and is sold as novelties (i.e. not based on a foreign exchange rate).
- Coin and currency certification and encapsulation services. We are authorized dealers with Numismatic Guarantee Corporation (NGC) and Paper Money Grading (PMG). If you wish to have your coins and currency authenticated and encapsulated, we can submit them to NGC or PMG. The cost ranges from $30 to $60 per item.
- Appraisal services. Our experienced numismatists use their expertise to provide appraisals for insurance, estate, and inquisitive purposes. The current rate for such services is $100 per hour. Fees are waived for collections that are ultimately purchased by us.
- Numismatic supplies. We have one of the largest selections in the Charlotte area. Supplies include coin albums, coin holders, currency sleeves, magazines, books, boxes, loupes, scales, and gloves.
For in-store sales, we accept cash and all major credit cards (VISA, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express).
We accept PayPal for sales made through our website or Ebay store.
We offer layaway plans as a means of helping you buy now and pay later. Layaway items must be paid for within 60 days. Each layaway item requires a 25% deposit.
Sales Tax & Shipping
Independence Coin is required to collect tax on all retail sales in our store and items shipped within North Carolina. We use the United States Postal Service for all shipments.
We accept returns of Non-Bullion merchandise for a period of 30 days from the date of purchase. A valid register receipt is required for a full refund.